Work at Spooky World
A very important role within the park as you are here to ensure that our guests are looked after and receive first hand medical attention if and when needed. Applicants must have done a 3 or 4 day 'First Aid at Work' course certified by the HSE.
Food & Beverage Assistant
If you have experience with food then this will be the job for you, we have 2 grills open during Spooky World that provide high quality hot food and drink. Things are known to get busy so we will be looking for people who can work under pressure.
It will be your job to organise our guests as they wait for the attractions, you will also be required to inform guests with any instructions and health and safety notices before entering as well as creating suspense as remember you are just as much a part of there scare experience as any of the actors!
One of the most fun jobs of Spooky World as your main aim is to scare. You will be expected to work in 1 of the 4 attractions, The Slaughterhouse, The Haunted Hayride, Franko's Funhouse or the Haunted House. We will be looking for talented individuals to take on the roles like we see in films and make them live!
Needs to be calm, polite and informative as you will be the first impression of the park as they come through to begin their scare experience.
Car Parking Attendant
The first person our guests see is you! You need to provide a fantastic and helpful greeting to welcome all of our guests and ensure that there experience starts on a high when they're parked in seconds!
Make Up/Face Paint Artists
We need our make up artist to interpret and produce a creative and technically accurate visual representations to recreate and transform our actors into scary creatures. Experience with latex and theatrical techniques would be a bonus and we will be looking for someone who can work fast and efficiently. These positions also will involve additional admissions/food and beverage work.
We are looking to advance our costume collection in 2013, and therefore we are looking for a costume designer. Keeping our characters looking their best and working before we open to ensure all costumes are ready. This position will also include additional acting work.
No experience in this before!?
It is a rather unique field, we don't expect many people to have had a lot of experience. That's why we'll give you full training in your field of work when you start. Weather it space saving on the car park, to how to get that next scream...
Before applying, please read the following to ensure that Spooky World is right for you! It's not your average 9 to 5 and we want to make sure your going for the best role suited to you. Spooky World is split into 2 areas. 1 side takes care of scaring our guests, the other tries to calm them down (buy offering them a drink or a visit to the gift shop!). Actors are needed for the entertainments team, and to bring our experiences alive. We also need operatives to run our catering and shop outlets, as well as run many different side attractions (such as the jumping pillow or racing zip wires).
So, if you think one of those areas is for you then complete the below checklist, download an application form, and apply!
Please read the following before downloading the application form!
- You must be 16 or older to apply for any of the positions available at the position start date (usually our first open day).
- You need to enjoy being outdoors, even in the cold (remember, its October and November).
- Be prepared for long days on your feet. 11am to 11pm!
- Closing date for all Spooky World positions is the 18/09/2013.
- Those returning to Spooky World must fill in a new application form.
- The application must be posted to the park labeled 'PARK RECRUITMENT'.
- No applications sent to the park via e-mail will be considered.
- All interviews/invitations to assessment centres will be arranged by e-mail.
- If you do not hear from us by the 12th October 2013, you have been unsuccessful at this stage.
- You must download, print, and fill in the application form.
Once completed please send to Park Recruitment, Apple Jacks Adventure Park, Stretton Road, Warrington, WA44NW.
- All positions available are on a part-time, seasonal basis.
- You must be able to work at least 15 of the dates between 10th october and 10th november.
- The dates listed on the availability sheet are not strictly open dates. They may be dates required for park setup, induction or interviews.
- You must be able to make the recruitment day(s) & training day(s).
- All work offered will be on the basis of your availability.
If your availability changes, please e-mail us and let us know as this will effect your application.
- Any position offered can be retracted at any time.
- You must be able to get to and from the park without relying on public transport.
Additional Information for Actors
We are looking for creative individuals who are looking to have one of the best jobs of their lives - scaring people!
- Please read the guidelines below of what will be expected of you, and what will support your application.
- As a performer you could be based in any of our four main attractions, or roaming the park.
- You'll be expected to learn scripts.
- You'll be expected to add another element to the experience by interacting directly with the guests.
- You must have good spatial awareness, as you will be asked to move quickly, silently, and safely through areas of darkness.
- You must be able to think on your feet with comments from the audience.
- You must be able to get to and from the park without relying on public transport. Most of our performances take place at night, and finishing times may be past 11pm.
- The rate of pay is hourly.
- Please let us know with your application if you are allergic to any type of make up, latex, smoke, snow, scent effects. If you are sensitive to loud audio or strobe lighting. You must notify us of any known medical conditions at the application stage.